15 abril, 2007

Voxtrot - The Start of Something



Artista:
Voxtrot
Tema: The Start Of Something
Album: Raised by Wolves (Cult Hero Records, 2005)
MP3: Descargar

Ahora que Voxtrot están a punto de editar su disco de debut a traves de Playlouder/Beggar's Group, me apetecía rescatar algún tema antiguo. Y es que este The Start of Something (nunca mejor dicho) fue su primer single y también apareció como acompañamiento a Raised by Wolves (Cult Hero Records, 2005) -el primero de sus tres EP's hasta la fecha-, es un tema nada menos que de 2004. Y cómo video no hay, pues pongo el montaje que he encontrado en youtube y la letra:

This time of night I could call you up
I'd get angry with athletic ease
Break common laws in two's and three's
If I die clutching your photograph don't call me boring it's just cause I like you.
Oh take me on back take me on back , take me back
To the place where I could feel your heart
Is this the end or just the start of something really really beautiful
Wrapped up and disguised as something really really ugly.

Won't you...

Come by and see my I'm a love letter away
I'd break your name before I'd say
"I really love you loved you"
Now I don't care if you saw
I watched every inch of film flash across your roman features
And I loved it, loved it.
No I don't care if...

You think I'm eager to shut your eyes
Well I'm sorry everybody knows you can't break me with your gutter prose
Would you believe it she sent me a letter
The ring it nearly weighs her down
she's got another boy, oh boy.

Steady your ears, steady your ears and read my lips
Poetry is not a luxury it's how I break this home
And when I'm really ill won't you cradle me?
Man is not a noble animal but maybe woman is
Remember

I heard you...

Inside your room you said " you never really live until your back's against the wall"
Oh did you really mean it?
No, I never break my gaze, if just to see the scar remain reflected in your eyes
I think it's time to go home

*Guitar solo*

Oh tell me your thoughts, tell me your thoughts on liberty
See there's a place where I sink to sleeping
She said
"Oh, my vote is as red as my blood"
Will you join me for another round?
I haven't had the chance to speak yet

God Speed...

I break the law once every week to feel your touch
What's a book to you in bed?
Do you feel better? Older?
This just makes me ill your name is dripping from my pen
Still, you're not around to curse
I'll drop the gun now
I'm still under you

Marianne, let the ghosts sleep tonight
Marianne, let the ghosts sleep, just shut your eyes burn the past (3x)

Marianne, let the ghosts sleep tonight
Marianne, let the ghosts sleep just shut your eyes and burn the past away.

No hay comentarios: